If you go out in the sun too often or have field work, the sun may just not be your skin's best friend! Infact an arch enemy if you ask me. Astrologers can disagree. But the real way to face the sun and still not feel roasted and burnt is wearing proper sun-block so you're protected from the harmful UVA/UVB rays.
For me though it doesn't end there, I can quite honestly say I had tried every product off the shelf before finding one that doesn't make you look greasy, quickly absorbs, isn't patchy and still manages to work!
BTW, non-sponsored, honest opinion! Wish they'd sponsor though, skin protection sigh, does come at a price.
Anywayy, Neutrogena has an amazing range of sun protection that goes from baby blocks to anti-sweat, sports blocks, basically stuff that is fit to use for everyone under the sun, quite literally!
I ran out of mine and purchased some yesterday so here goes,
Get your body covered!
Face - I like to keep a smaller tube just for my face and mix it with the Loreal sunblock.
Body - I kinda have a mixing obsession so I use the Vaseline healthy white and Neutrogena Ultra sheer dry touch SPF 50, just seems to work for me. High absorbency and no weird streakiness does it for me.
Also, when on the go, I carry the spray bottle in the bag just in case.
Lips - SPF 15 Neutrogena chapstick.
Eyes - Use sunglasses/hats/umbrellas.
Hair - Use any anti-UV hairspray. Loreal works.
To also keep in mind are some tips that help,
- Always wear sunblock, even if it is slightly gloomy, there is no stopping UV!
- Not only skin, but your eyes and hair need protection too, DO use umbrellas, hats, sunglasses, some anti-UV hair product when stepping out.
- Avoid peak hours like noon till 3PM.
- Protect against both UVA/UVB.
- Use an anti-clog (comedogenic) product, so your skin can still breathe and not form build-up leading to terrible acne and a ruined week. (Not that I care, FTW acne, you couldn't phase ME! ; [ )
- Stay hydrated and do (SPF) lip balm doubles every now and then.